We also advise on the establishment and ongoing operation of a range of legal structures, including limited partnerships, joint ventures, companies, trusts and statutory entities.
Kāhui Legal has recognised expertise in advising on the establishment of post-settlement governance entities and associated structures to receive and manage Treaty of Waitangi settlement assets.
- Advised numerous iwi on the establishment of a post-settlement governance entity to receive Treaty of Waitangi settlement assets
- Advised on the establishment of numerous mandated iwi organisations to comply with the requirements of the Māori Fisheries Act 2004
- Advised on the establishment of a limited partnership to bid for the Government’s Rural Broadband Initiative
- Advised a number of iwi organisations on a fisheries collective partnership, including the establishment of a number of limited partnerships
- Advised on the participation of iwi entities in a limited partnership arrangement for forestry purposes
- Advised on the establishment of a limited partnership for the collective utilisation of Māori land
- Advised on the establishment of numerous limited partnerships to acquire surplus Crown assets
- Advised on the establishment of numerous limited partnerships and acquire farms, businesses and other commercial assets
- Advised on the review of various governance structures, including in relation to post-settlement governance entities and major Māori land trusts